Introduction To Floorball At The Cooler
11:00AM - 1:00PM Saturday, May 5TH on the Roller Rink
This summer, The Cooler is introducing Floorball to Atlanta with a program that starts Saturday, June 2nd (9:00-10:30 AM) and continues for 8 consecutive Saturdays until July 28th.
As this sport is new to the area, The Cooler is offering a preview of what Floorball is on Saturday, May 5th between 11:00AM-1:00 PM on the roller rink FREE of charge.
Floorball is an excellent and fun activity that will help you improve your hockey skills and compliment your off-ice training. It has been played in Europe for over 30 years and recently Hockey Canada has added it to its curriculum for the following reasons:
• It improves your athleticism and agility
• Promotes team play and competition
• Provides excellent cardiovascular conditioning
• Improves hockey specific skills, such as stick handling & hand-eye coordination
• Improves your ability to see plays developing
• No prior experience or training required
• No special equipment needed – a stick, t-shirt, shorts and sneakers is all that is needed.
• IT’S FUN!!!
The Cooler will provide “straight” blade sticks to be lent out during this Introduction day, but there will also be sample sticks (Left & Right curves) in various lengths to be tested as well. The Pro Shop will have information on how to order your own Floorball stick.
For more information on floorball, we welcome “young and old” to come see us on Saturday, May 5th between 11:00AM-1:00 PM or go to www.floorballplanet.com
"Floorball helps with all aspects of hockey because the sports are so similar, especially when it comes to stick handling and shooting. It’s just a great game to help kids hone their hockey skills. Floorball is all about fitness and fun."
- Anthony Herrington (Hockey Canada Skills Academy & scout for OHL’s Oshawa Generals)